Monday, June 13, 2011

MGMT is the Problem

"Let's make some music, make some money, find some models for wives.  I'll move to Paris, shoot some heroin and **** with the stars.  You man the island and the cocaine and the elegant cars.  This is our decision, to live fast and die young.  We've got the vision, now let's have some fun." -MGMT

Several people have requested, whether through comment, pm, or verbal conversation, to further elaborate on my previous post.  To appease the masses (I like thinking I have masses to appease) I am here, readressing the issue more plainly.

May I start with a personal side bar?  Thank you.  I shall.

I recently have had the opportunity to date (go on dates with) two of the strongest women I have ever encountered.  Not physically, maybe not mentally (I haven't had opportunity to thoroughly test for this ;D ), but socially.  Is 'socially' the word I'm really looking for?  Probably not... but social circumstance is where it manifests most immediately, so I'll stick with 'socially' to save myself the effort of pressing backspace.

This recent development has opened my eyes to a realm of women that either I've never seen before, or (more likely) that I was too immature to notice before.  These two girls require respect and, as a result, get it.

Doesn't that last sentence look funny with the comma after 'and?'  Doesn't that question mark look funny inside that single quote?

This post is too long already, so, to the point!

Girls, if you want to be taken seriously in the dating world (and possibly in the world in general) I would highly recommend doing these few things.  Refuse anything but an actual date.  Be okay with your personal quirks and crazy.  Be educated and well read.  

To contrast, don't be the kind of girl that is being raised by the MGMT generation.  Don't be frivolous and air-headed.  Don't act/dress like a hooker.  And don't pretend that a modern reinterpretation of Ed Templeton's early 90's sketches is artistically 'truer' or any way superior to anything by the great masters.

Thank you, and good night.

2 comments:

rosemary said...

Two comments.

First: The comma after "and" is okay, but the question mark in "and?" is not. Question marks go outside of the quotation unless they are actually a part of the quotation.

Second: I'm trying not to take offense that I do not fall into the category of being okay with my quirks and being well-read. Do we need to have a talking-to, Joe?

kwistin said...

cool. i like considering myself part of the masses you have to appease with a second post (complete with funny-looking commas).

i'll be coming to your apartment to further discuss. i have thoughts on this.

XD