Friday, June 10, 2011

Grow Up Girls

I recently was reminded by an article re-posted from a re-blogged article originally written by an author unfamiliar to me (if you didn't understand that you can just pick up reading here) that I hate it when women that refuse to grow up.  Not in the sense that they become overly matronly, mature, or any other attribute that could be used to try and make growing up sound bad; more in the sense that they refuse to let go of childish things.

I'm not going to belabor the point.  If you want a full rant you can read the overtly vulgar original here.  Rather, the short of the story is this: if you want to command respect from your male counterparts, be something respectable.  This goes for all you twenty somethings that insist that you're still in your teens, as well as you any-agers that have decided that your way is the right (and only) way without really exploring the other possibilities (yes, finalized judgement on anything is very childish [who do you think you are? God?  I don't think so.]).

Thanks.  More cheerful art on the way.
If you haven't checked my new mothership page, do it.  I'm posting content on it faster than I can finish the design work for it.

2 comments:

kwistin said...

dude. mothership page = awesome.

i'd be interested in hearing more of your thoughts on the subject of the rest of the post sometime.

Joel Deehr said...

yeah joe, tell us more. Im interested in what you have to say.